主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan wants to find
JACKSONVILLE http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/auth...ord-jersey , Fla. (AP) — creative solutions” for the sweltering summer sun that bakes the team’s stadium — and fans — early each season.One potential fix involves drones.Khan said Thursday at Jacksonville’s state of the franchise presentation that upgrading TIAA Bank Field is a priority and noted that adding a shade structure would enhance the game-day experience for fans. The billionaire businessman then mentioned one of the “many, many creative solutions” he’s seen.“There was a very creative solution with drones during a (soccer) game, kind of holding a cover up,” Khan said. “It was very futuristic, but it could be very cost-effective only on the days you need it. I don’t know how feasible it is, but as an engineer, when I saw that — that was for the World Cup in Qatar — I thought, ‘Boy, that (would) work very well for us.’“We want to look at creative solutions that are very cost-effective.”Khan already has invested nearly $80 million to upgrade city-owned TIAA Bank Field, including money spent on scoreboards Devin Singletary Jersey , pools, an adjoining amphitheater and renovated locker rooms.He is hoping to break ground on another revitalization project near the stadium that will included a boutique hotel, a residential building, office spaces and an entertainment district. It could be years before that’s complete.In the meantime, Khan and the Jaguars hope to find a way to take the heat off their fans.Team president Mark Lamping pointed out that every franchise in the NFL except Buffalo and Jacksonville has either relocated, built a new stadium or spent at least $300 million on stadium renovations since the Jaguars entered the league in 1995.The Bills last month hired a firm to conduct a feasibility study regarding renovating New Era Field or building a new venue.The Jaguars have 11 years remaining on their lease with the stadium.“I don’t think there is any reason why this stadium couldn’t be a candidate for a major renovation,” Lamping said. “We really haven’t gotten into the details, but we do recognize that it is an issue for many of our fans.“If you are going to do something to that magnitude, you should be talking about it at least five years before you want it to be done. I would think it is not inconceivable that we will start discussions with the city, perhaps … over the next four years.”Khan tried to strengthen Jacksonville’s foothold in London by bidding $790 million (£600 million) on Wembley Stadium last April. He withdrew his offer for the English Football Association’s main asset in October after recognizing the extent of opposition to the sale.Khan and the Jaguars insist the move was never intended to create a potential relocation spot for the NFL team but rather a way to gain more control over American football in the burgeoning overseas market. It also would have funneled more money back to Jacksonville.Khan said Thursday he’s optimistic a Wembley deal could be back on the table soon http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/auth...nox-jersey , maybe after the Football Association changes CEOs from Martin Glenn to Mark Bullingham.“I think it has to make sense for the FA, but when that happens, I think it still is just as good a case,” Khan said. “I think we had a very, very good case for doing it, but I’m optimistic. I think eventually when they are ready, we will be ready.”Until then, Khan will focus on improving home games in Jacksonville.“The stadium has to be upgraded. I think that is our approach,” Khan said. “We want to continue to invest with the city to make the stadium be better.” SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Before a meeting of the Korean neighbors in the second stage of 2022 World Cup qualifying Brian Burns Jersey , North Korea must navigate a potentially tricky opening fixture against Lebanon in Pyongyang on Thursday.Forty teams are still active on the road to Qatar but only the eight group winners and four best-placed teams progress to the next stage where Asia’s four automatic places in the World Cup are up for grabs.South Korea, the favorite in Group H, is scheduled to visit Pyongyang on Oct. 15 in a meeting between two countries technically at war.“We know that North Korea will be tough at home and have World Cup history but we want to get a good start,” Lebanon coach Liviu Ciobotariu said. “In a group that also has South Korea, every game is vital.”South Korea, looking for a tenth successive World Cup appearance, sits out the first round of games this week, as do all eight top-ranked teams in Asia, and kicks off against Turkmenistan on Tuesday.Also Thursday, Turkmenistan takes on Sri Lanka http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/a...tle-jersey , the world’s 200th ranked team. Unlike South Korea, the South Asians are unlikely to progress to the next stage but there is still much at stake.After the Easter Sunday suicide bombing in Colombo that killed more than 250 people, first round opponent Macau refused to travel to the island for the return leg of their first-round qualifier in June and forfeited the match.Sri Lanka is keen to show that life has returned to normal.“Terrorists have attacked many developed countries in the past and this does not affect carrying out the affairs of any sport,” the country’s football federation declared in a statement. “Sri Lanka shall enjoy its right to host the home game in Sri Lanka and every county shall respect each other’s right to host similar games.”Southeast Asia also has plenty to play for. The biggest crowd this week will likely be in Jakarta as Indonesia takes on rival Malaysia in front of what is expected to be 80,000 fans.Feelings between the two neighbors can run high. According to reports in Malaysia, Football Association of Malaysia president Hamidin Mohd Amin has requested that an armored personnel carrier be on standby.“We are not worried about the situation at the stadium itself as there are a lot of security personnel from both Malaysia and Indonesia guarding the perimeter,” Hamidin told local media. “But there is a risk of provocation and chaos en route.”Thailand hosts Vietnam in the same group while Mongolia plays its first ever game in the second round of World Cup qualifying and faces Myanmar.Elsewhere, 2022 World Cup host Qatar is placed in Group E and kicks off against Afghanistan. Regardless of how the Asian champion performs, it will not progress to the next stage of World Cup qualification. Qatar is involved as the path to the 2022 World Cup has been combined with qualification for the 2023 Asian Cup which will take place in China.
回复

可能相关的主题..。
主题: 作者 回复数: 人气: 最近发表
  Where can I find the best POE trade service? smrtsmith555 0 44 08-12-2019, 06:40 AM
最近发表: smrtsmith555

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客